Press Alt+P, Enter for Previous
Press Alt+B, Enter to return to Main FAQ
Press Alt+N, Enter for Next
We support and encourage the posting of independent and small label jazz guitar CD/MP3 releases from regular posters. Mention your CD/MP3 as though you were informing friends rather than placing an ad. Postings should observe the following guidelines:
1. Be a regular poster in the group. Please do not just join the group to place your announcement!
2. The post title must be in the format "CD/MP3:Name:Recording" (e.g. “CD/MP3:Joe Blow:LIve from Cincinatti” ) and contain a link to an external URL. Please ensure you preface your subject with “CD/MP3:" this ensures that members can use their mail programs to file and save the message in a specific folder. Please refrain from using excessive marketing terms such as "the best", "the greatest" etc. See: What do the subject prefixs mean ...?
3. All the ordering information and details must be on the web page accessed via the link.
4. The member posting must have their name and contact details visible in the posting.
5. Before announcing a CD, the website which promotes the CD must include a link promoting YJGG. See: How can I help the group ...?
Out of respect for other members please do not indulge in excessive self-promotion. Please keep your signature block to four lines and 60 columns at maximum. Read Signature Etiquette
PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE THE GROUP. YJGG SHOULD NOT BE USED AS AN EXTENSION OF YOUR MAILING LIST TO PROMOTE YOUR CD's, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS.
Ways to promote your CD/Product/Workshop/Gig/Teaching:
1. Add a link to your site in the group links section:
2. Upload a Soundbite/MP3 to the group file section.
See: How do I post a file to the group ...?
3. List your gig/workshop:
See: Can I list my gigs or workshops ...?
4. Add your name to the teacher database:
See: I teach jazz guitar, can I list myself ...?
5. Upload your brochure/publicity shot to the photo section:
6. Reference your posts on YJGG on your website and emails
See: Can I reference posts in my emails or on my web site ...?
Content & site copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Yahoo Jazz Guitar Group.
All rights reserved. Last modified: 09/19/03.